The Oscar nominations for 92nd Academy Awards will be announced on January 13, 2020 at 5:20 AM PST/8:20 AM EST by actors John Cho and Issa Rae via a live, global stream. Watch below.
92nd Academy AwardsThe 92nd Academy Awards ceremony, is when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) presents its annual Academy Awards to honor the best films of 2019, on February 9, 2020 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California without a host yet. Read More...
Variety's Oscar predictions in all 24 categories.
The presents have been unwrapped. The year is winding down. Superlatives and top 10 lists are flying around from critics across the globe and everything in the Oscar hunt has finally been seen. So how about a thorough look at what might be in store on Jan. 23, when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announces nominees for the 90th annual Oscars? Read More
- The Hurt Locker sets the record as the lowest grossing movie to win Best Movie in the Oscars
- Oliver! is the only G-rated film to win Best Picture (the last G-Rated film to date to be nominated for Best Picture is Toy Story 3)
- The “Red carpet” at the Kodak Theatre is about 500 feet long
- Kevin O'Connell, the Oscars' unluckiest nominee, holds the record for the most nominations, 20, and no wins.
- Until 2010, when Kathryn Bigelow won, no woman had ever won the Oscar for best director
- The only movie to ever completely sweep the show by winning every award it was nominated for was The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King at the 76th Academy Awards. It is tied for the most wins of all time with Ben-Hur and Titanic.
- In 1940, the Los Angeles Times printed an accurate list of the Academy winners. Many arrived at the ceremony already aware they’d won. Since then, there’s much more secrecy surrounding the results.
- Walt Disney was the most decorated person at any single Academy Award ceremony. In 1953, he took home trophies for best documentary feature, best documentary short subject, best cartoon short subject and best two-reel short subject.
2021/11/17 17:32- firstname.lastname@example.org -
2021/11/08 19:21- email@example.com -
2021/10/26 16:55- firstname.lastname@example.org -
2021/10/25 17:12- email@example.com -
2021/10/20 17:45- firstname.lastname@example.org -
|Nominations voting opens||Thursday, January 2, 2020|
|Nominations voting close||Tuesday, January 7, 2020|
|Nominations announced||Monday, January 13, 2020|
|Nominees Luncheon||Monday, January 27, 2020|
|Final voting begins||Thursday, January 30, 2020|
|Final voting ends||Tuesday, February 4, 2020|
|91st Annual Academy Awards presentation||Sunday, February 9, 2020|